- MAWC serves 125,000 customers in a five county region.
- MAWC has three water treatment plants which can produce over 60 million gallons of water per day.
- A new $30 million dollar water treatment plant at our Beaver Run Reservoir.
- MAWC has 2,300 miles of water transmission lines; 8,100 hydrants; 61 water storage tanks; and 41 pumping stations in a service area equal in size to the state of Rhode Island.
- MAWC water mains laid end to end would stretch from Pittsburgh to California.
|George R. Sweeney||1996||24 mgd||Bell Twp., Westmoreland Co.|
|McKeesport||1990||10 mgd||McKeesport, Allegheny Co.|
|Indian Creek||1973||20 mgd||Dunbar Twp., Fayette Co.|
|Indian Creek Expansion||1979||45 mgd|
20-Year Water Needs by Project Type
|*The Municipal Wastes and Wastewater Market, Zweig White and Associates, Inc., 1997|
40-Year Water Needs by Project Type
|*MAWC's 1998 Drinking Water Infrastructure Needs Survey as presented to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection|
- 61 Water Storage Facilities
- 93 Million Gallons Per Day (mgd) Capacity
- The amount of storage is 1.75% greater than our daily system-wide usage of 54 mgd.